The interterm intensive courses are offered both in the fall and spring semesters
- Fall semester, interterm intensive occurs between Module 1 and Fall break;
- Spring semester between Module 3 and spring break.
- All Interterm Intensive courses are 1 credit hour
- In-class sessions run from 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM on Mondays and 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Intensive work in the evening sessions is required for each class
The interterm intensive week includes the full Monday through Thursday period. Students are required to attend all class sessions, which may vary in how many hours or days they meet. For example, some classes may involve a blending of outside work time and classroom sessions. Others may require small-group meetings or one-on-one sessions in lieu of class time.
The course offerings fulfill several objectives and provide learning opportunities that are not in the standard course format. Course formats are:
- The workshop-style classes focus on specific capabilities students can add to their business “tool kits.”
- The deep-dive corporate cases, give students hands-on opportunities to apply and test their previously learned knowledge. All of the courses develop skills and perspectives that will be beneficial in summer internships and full-time jobs.
- The one-credit-hour study-abroad option offered in the same time frame. International Immersions opportunities allow students to absorb the business practices and culture of a relevant international market to enhance their global mindset.
All MBA students are required to take 1 credit hour during interterm. All MSA students have the option to take the interterm courses as graduate electives for credit.